Formed in 1867 Charles A. Drescher & Sonís produced mainly set-up boxes. In 1978 the company was acquired by J. Baird Langworthy, the current owner, and the name was changed to Drescher Paper Box. In 1979, Tuco Puzzles was acquired and die-cut puzzles were added to the production line. With an expansion in 1989 puzzle production moved to the Broadway location and game boards were added. Drescher continues to produce candy boxes, business card boxes and custom made industrial boxes along with puzzles and game boards.
Today Drescher is a family owned and operated business in downtown Buffalo, NY. The office and part of the production line are still located in the building that was built in 1867. Many employees have been with the company for 20+ years. Drescher prides itself on providing high quality products and excellent customer service, often adding the personal touch that only a small company can offer.